Well, my oh my, it has been a long time since I originally posted about the quilt a long at Old Red Barn Co. I was working along steadily, and then I got sidetracked. Truth be told, I had a secret self mission to get over my fear of the zipper. Three zippers later, I am no longer afraid, and pictures are forthcoming.
For the quilt, I pieced all the strips together, and then I cut out the pieces into the squares and set the project aside. Sunday night I laid out the pieces (after the kids were asleep), and Joel helped me arrange them into a pattern we were happy with. I got most of the top sewn together that evening. I finished it up this week and am ready to make the quilt sandwich once I have the back pieced.
On a happy note, my seams are much better than when I pieced the strips together, and I think I have found out a perfect quarter inch seam. I do not have a quarter inch presser foot.
Now, my mission of trying stippling for the first time. It may be a little bit before I try it on the quilt. I foresee a few coasters and bibs in my future!