Friends of our family just had a little boy named George. And, I cannot wait to meet him!
For George’s quilt, I used men’s dress shirts, cut them to 6 inch squares to be 5.5 inches, finished. I, then, pieced them together to form a simple, diagonal pattern.
I wanted to mimic the simpleness of the pattern with the quilting, so I quilted parallel rows on each side of the seams. When I made Sophie Rose‘s quilt, I quilted in the ditch. For my first time, it was all I had the confidence for, but I wasn’t totally in love with the look. I also quilted through the Minky backing. This time I wanted to try something different. So, I quilted through the top and a batting, and then sewed the quilt section to the Minky backing. This also eliminated the need for binding. I am very, very pleased with the final result.
I used a white Minky fabric from Joann’s for the backing with a stripe of blue & white gingham down the side.
And, for my most favorite detail:
a shirt pocket!
This one was a fun one to make, and I really hope George likes it!