Saturday was beautiful, such a nice break after our week of rain. I was desperate to get outside to enjoy the sunshine, so we decided to find a place to pick apples. For almost all the years we lived in Charlottesville, we were only one mile down the interstate from a wonderful apple picking place. Evie was so little during apple picking season last year, I was very happy with the apples Joel brought home from the grocery store. This year, however, we wanted them from the tree. The older girls ran free in orchard and asked for applesauce. Eva ate the apples right off the tree.
Miss Eva Joy decided she wanted to walk this weekend. No steps Friday. Five steps Sunday.
My Ella is starting preschool. She is ready. I think I am ready.
On Friday, we went to visit school and to help her find her classroom. Ella walked away with one concern. Friday is the first show and tell day. Favorite books. “Mom, I love so many. How will I be able to choose just one to bring?”
For these moments:
- both Joel and I seeing Eva’s first steps together
- her big grin – the Evie grin.
- Ella’s excitement about starting school
- her trying to memorize books so she can read to me
- pesto pizza
- anticipating applesauce
- knowing that means fall is on the way
- figuring out the knitting pattern on Eva’s dress
- seeing old friends
- the conversation that picks up as if it just left off
- the peace after they leave of just enjoying them
- mini- dinner pies in flaky crust w. mashed potatoes and gravy – comfort food in all it’s glory
For these moments, these pauses, the grace of God in the moment, I am so thankful.