Twelve comforts I seem to never refuse:
- a quiet start to the morning
- spell check*
- the calmness of a small pocket of time to read during afternoon nap
- good warm soup – split pea soup; tomato & carrot; roasted squash soup, french onion; lentil (to just name a few)
- the feel of hot mocha (with whip) in my hands
- stopping to watch the feeding birds
- the pungent, sweet, crisp smell of salt water
- crossing off items from a/any to-do list
- sponge candy from wahl’s chocolates in Buffalo
- sneaking a look at the girls when they are playing together in their own make believe land
- the chance to put something in the recycling and not the trash
- warming my always cold feet on joel’s always warm legs when we sit down together in the evenings
* I used spell check five times while typing this post – one of them was for spell check. oh, the irony is not lost on me.
What are you comforts you never refuse?