- Pattern: Honey Cowl
- Yarn: Tivoli (a silk and mohair combo)
- Size: In between the two sizes in the pattern. I wanted it long enough to loop twice, but still sit fairly snug around the neck.
- My Ravelry Notes: here
The last of my Christmas knitting is finished and wouldn’t you know, just in time to put the snap peas in the ground! I love the honey cowl pattern. It just seems to move along the needles in a very soothing motion. The stitches produce a waffle effect. The first one I made, for myself, I used bamboo yarn, and since it stretches quite a bit it had quite a bit more drape than Lizzie’s cowl. Dear Lizzie requested a rusty color. I found this yarn on a trip to Charlottesville one day late this winter. The yarn is silk and mohair so it knit up much denser than the bamboo, but equally luscious. I hope you still have a couple days in Pittsburgh when you need a little love around your neck.
This completes three of the knitting projects I wanted to get done this winter. Not too shabby!
- 5th Ave Cowl
- Lucky Penny
- Sophie’s Wyatt (still need to show you)
In the basket:
- Eva’s Bluebell
- Eva’s Clara Dress – this one needs to be completely frogged and restarted. I have set this one aside until I finished some quicker projects
- Sophia’s dress for the beach (a smocking project w. Joel’s mom)
- a quilt I have been s.l.o.w.l.y working on
Well, there it is. The list.
If you feel so inclined, I would love to see your list so we can encourage each other.