For these moments:
- the dark stillness of the early morning when all is calm, and you have those blissful few minutes still snuggled in the warmth
- make believe games. The girls woke up half and hour ago; they have not asked for breakfast, and they have not even come downstairs yet. They made their way into the playroom, ushered in Eva, and began a bedtime for their dolls game.
- unpinning a blocking sweater and realizing (with delight) it blocked to a much larger size. It will fit my Evie through spring, summer and fall.
- the squeals of the girls & their friends running in the back yard and hanging from the swing set trying to sneak in as much play before the twilight
- while the parents sit and linger over dessert and new friendships
- the chipmunk who has become our friend thanks to the bird feeder
- one upstairs and one downstairs closet completely cleaned out
- Lady reading her book to me earlier this week
- Eva creating a word to call Sophie. It begins with an ‘S’ and sounds more like ‘sis’, but it most definitely for Sophie
- my sister coming for a spring visit
- the spot in the nook of your arm where you baby can snuggle her head at bedtime, rub your face, and say ‘ba ba ba’ (translate: sing me Ba BA Black Sheep)
For these moments, these pauses, the grace of God in the moment, I am so thankful.
What are you thankful for this morning?