This weekend was near perfect. The weather. The pace. The activities. There was the Farmers Market, a slow walk with endless questions from the three year old, uninterrupted play with a cardboard box. Followed by church, naps, baking, and dinner.
This morning seemed to jolt us. Beginning the week with a thankful heart feels like the best place to start on this Monday morning.
- Miss Sophie talking to the farmers, and paying them for our veggies
- the same Miss Sophie then eating all the lettuce she picked out
- hoping the farmers also noticed her pretty dress she wore the market
- perfect early September weather : crisp, sunny, breezy, warm enough for boots
- but, then way too hot once noon comes along
- weather so perfect we couldn’t stand to be indoors
- so, we headed to the park with friends
- pesto, pesto, and more pesto made and ready for the the cold winter months when we are only dreaming of the sticky summer days when basil grows
- the search for our rhythm
- and in the midst of the search seeing that somethings may have to be altered or just plain let go of
- weekly planning sheets found for free online, so the wheel doesn’t need to be reinvented
- mornings so cool that I need a shawl to drink my coffee outside
- the anticipation of beginning a new apple unit with my little ladies this week
- calmly readjusting attitudes when I am sure even a month ago I would have lost it
- little hands that stir the zucchini cake
- big hands enjoying the cake
- another day for us all to be together because these are the days I will long for just as much as the perfect ones as time goes by
For these moments, these pauses, the grace of God in the moment, I am so thankful.